This Prout 37 - 'Living Dreams' (hereinafter referred to as "LD") represents a genuinely unique offer - one of the very last vessels from the Prout factory that replaced the Snowgoose 37 Elite with twin diesel engines and all modern equipment.
LD has been very lightly used by previous owners, but well tested by the current one - over 4,000 NM, some of which under heavy weather conditions (England to Israel and Israel to Turkey), and is configured with the popular Stateroom Layout, giving a large double berth forward on the bridge deck together with two double cabins aft. Further single berth or dressing area to starboard forward cabin.
The current owner, an Israeli resident in early retirement, who got his skipper license on 2014 and planned to circumnavigate the globe, bought her in England on February 2017 "naked"- in sense of the equipment a blue water boat must carry and there were also a few things to fix or replace, so he spent six weeks, fixing, refitting and provisioning, and on the 10th of May 2017 sailed to Israel in order to gain some experience - crossing MED, before trying to deal with oceans, and on the 16th of July, entered to Ashqelon Marina in Israel.
At that point, unpredictable issues with tax authorities in Israel forced the owner to give up his plans and sell the boat in order to pay his debts , and as it is impossible to sell a cruiser in Israel LD has been moved to Turkey and put up for sale ( since 2/18 ). Since the first publication, the initial price has been reduced 3 times. For those who are in need of a real bluewater boat, it is a fantastic deal.
- Vessel type: Catamaran;
- Builder: Prout (hull) - UK;
- Make: Prout;
- Model: 37;
- Fit Out: Shipyard - France;
- Year constructed: 2002;
- HIN: GBPRT37 419 H101;
- Registration: DL 8788 AK;
- Registry: Delaware, U.S;
- Berths: 7;
- No. of engines: 2;
- Engine model: Volvo Penta MD2020 D BT;
- Engine hours: ~ 950;
- Fuel type: Diesel;
- Drive type: Sail drive;
- Length over all: 11.28m;
- Length at waterline: 10m;
- Beam: 4.65m;
- Maximum draft: 0.81m;
- Hull material: Glass Fibre;
- Hull colour: White;
- Displacement: 5400 kg;
- Fuel capacity: 130 Litres;
- Water capacity: 400 Litres;
- Holding tank capacity: 60 Litres.
LD is a Prout 37, which is effectively a Prout Snowgoose Elite (they changed the name for the last ones). The hull was molded by Prouts at Canvey Island, and the reference number molded into the hull is GBPRT37 419 H101, which means it’s the 419th Prout 37 to be molded, and it was molded in the UK in August 2001 (a month before Prout factory got into bankruptcy).
As it was impossible to finish the boat at the closed factory, the hull was bought from Prouts by the first owner and shipped to France to be fitted out. She was professionally fitted out by two shipyards. According to invoices for the transport and fitting out a total of more than 60,000 pounds has been paid until everything completed and thus, she might be considered to be VAT paid. LD has been worked on till completion during the years 2003-2006 but from some unknown reason, she has been registered as model 2002.
In 2010 she has been sold to another English gentleman and in 2013 she got new owners - those who sold her to the current one in 2/2007.
- Make: Volvo Penta. Type: 2 inboard diesels 18 HP each, low engine hours: stb - 869, port - 965. Full service (4/17) including sail drives' diaphrams replacement(must be done once in 7 years). Further routine service 8/17; (after arrival to Israel);
- Stainless steel fuel tank 130L+ 2 jerricans 30L each + 4 20L each ( total of 270L);
- 2 x Calorifiers for hot water with immersion heaters;
- 2 x 110AH engine sealed deep cycle batteries. VSR charging system to house batteries.
- 2 double berths aft with 1 single forward. Stateroom layout with owners cabin transverse forward on the bridge deck;
- Headroom - Hulls: 1.98 M / 6.50 Ft. Saloon: 1.75 M / 5.75 Ft.
- Alcantara fabric to berth cushions, All upholstery in good condition;
- Hot and cold pressurized shower with shower sump;
- BLAKES LAVAC Electric Toilet with 60L holding tank;
- 2 x 110 sealed deep cycle Batteries ( 5/2017 ) for housing + 1 spare in good condition with a new ( 4/2019 )
- Automatic multi-stage battery charger; 220V Outlets connected to shore power distribution system; Marinco Shore power lead;
- SMEV Built-in Oven + Grill (gas); Microwave (220v); 2 burner Hob; Fridge (Gas/12V/240V); Under bunk freezer molding but no compressor fitted yet. 2 Gas bottles 7kg each + one of 15 kg - UK standard + one of 14kg - Israeli standard; Double sink to galley with mixer tap; Pure water drinking tap to galley sink; Electric Water heater; Gebo opening glazed hatches; 4 frontal windows replaced with NEW ones 1/18. Boarding ladder; Simpson passerelle;
- Tv/Fm aerial - 12v; 17" Dvd/Tv to saloon and master cabin;
- Fuel + water level + holding tank gauges;
- Pullout chart table with seat;
- Mikuni diesel hot air heating new in 2013 (disconnected by the current owner);
- Electric anchor windlass, 30m 10mm hot dip galvanized calibrated chain;
- Lots of tools for boat and engines maintenance;
- Various fenders + warps; boat hook, spare anchor;
- 100W Solar panel and regulator;
- All equipment for mast climbing 4/17;
- Iroko keel shoes May 2016;
- Antifouled May 2017.
and many other items...
Sails & Spars
- Rig: Cutter rigged Sloop Sail Area: 52.00 SqM / 559.86 SqFt;
- Sails: JECKELLS Main in-mast furling; JECKELLS headsail on Z-spars Furling gear; JECKELLS Staysail on Z-spars;
- Furling gear; Sails VGC, serviced 2017, HARKEN Winches; BARTON Blocks;
- Standing Rigging: Service including replacement of 2 cables with new ones (5/17) and Staysail's cable replacement with a new one( 1/18).
- Running Rigging: 80% of the running rigging is new ( 10/2017 ).
- SUUNTO Ship's bulkhead mounted compass;
- Handheld bearing compass ;
- RAYMARINE ST60 Log/speed;
- RAYMARINE ST60 Wind/spd dir;
- RAYMARINE ST60 Depth;
- RAYMARINE ST6001 hydraulic autopilot ;
- RAYMARINE ST60 repeater at chart table;
- RAYMARINE C80 PLOTTER with GPS + Radar + AIS. NEW GPS ANTENNA 4/17.Navionics maps for Plotter (UK + MED northern 4/17);
- ICS NAV6 Navtex connected to NMEA for instrument repeater;
- Standard Horizon RADIO DSC VHF GPS AIS + ANTENA + cable -ALL NEW ( 4/17 ) + NAVMAN 7100 DSC VHF(spare part);
- Standard Horizon handheld VHF RADIO NEW (4/17);
- Chart table led light; Clock/Barometer.
- 6 person ZODIAC blue water iso 9650 in canister NEW 5/17(next service 5/20);
- Mcmurdo smart find GPS EPIRB NEW 4/17;
- Distress flares/smoke signs NEW 4/17 (see picture);
- 3 safety Inflatable life jackets (tested) with NEW gas bottles + harnesses + lifelines 4/17;
- 2 Horseshoe rescue buoys with automatic lights(one is NEW 4/17);
- 2 Rescue throw lines 20m each NEW 4/17;
- Horn device 12v (not installed yet) NEW 4/17;
- Emergency tiller;
- Radar Reflector Echomax em230 installed on top of mast NEW 4/17;
- 4 2kg CO Extinguishers NEW 4/17;
- Fire blanket NEW 4/17;
- Smoke/Carbon monoxide ALARM detector NEW 4/17;
- Gas leakage ALARM detector NEW 4/17;
- Binoculars 10/50;
- Some First Aid kits;
- Portable electric bilge pump NEW 4/17;
- Softwood bungs;
- Signal mirror;
- Several torches + batteries;
- Emergency repair kit for Dinghy and liferaft.
Have questions? Interested in seeing it?
This listing is presented by Sailboat-Cruising.com. Visit their website for more information or to contact the seller.
Early hulls, which include molded stub keels, are solid fiberglass, while more recent versions are solid below the waterline and cored above.
A later version became the SNOWGOOSE ELITE (1986) had 1 foot more beam.
The SNOWGOOSE 37 (all iterations) was enormously popular with more than 500 built.