S/V Gato de Cortez is a La Paz, Baja California Sur, Mexico based 2006 Leopard 43 (Moorings 4300). We want a boat on the east coast and will either sell/trade Gato or take her there this fall.
BUILDERS REMARKS: Designed in collaboration between Simonis-Voogd Design and Robertson & Caine. The concept of the Leopard 43 is the maximizing of space, performance and comfort. Built in Cape Town, South Africa, the Leopard 43 features 4 spacious double cabins, each with private head (fwd heads converted to electric) and shower, two single berths in the bows, a modern U-shaped galley-up design with panoramic views, Corian work surfaces and a saloon with seating for 8 guests. The Leopard 43 is equipped with complete electronics and high-powered engines, giving great performance under power as well as sail.
On deck the spacious cockpit is covered by a hard-top bimini and leads on to the large aft swimming platform. All control lines are lead aft to the raised helmsman's seat making navigation and maneuvering easy.
The Leopard 43, built with robust South African Standards, received glowing reviews in major sailing magazines. The salon table converts into an additional double bed. the navigation area is starboard, facing aft. Each of the cabins has large double berths, the forward cabins with walk around access, overhead opening hatch, a hanging locker, a settee with storage, overhead lighting, reading lights and 12V cabin fans. Each head has a wash basin, oversized toilet bowls and large shower with electric sump pump and hanging shower head fitting.
A large gourmet galley-up allows your designated chef to be part of the action in the salon. Large storage accomodation, and ample work surfaces, make provisioning and preparation easy.
This catamaran for sale by owner presents an excellent opportunity for a buyer looking for an ultra-modern cruiser already lying in terrific cruising grounds.
Builder: Robertson and Caine Cape Town, South Africa
Designer Alex Simonis and Maaten Voogd Design
Model: Leopard 43 (Moorings 4300) four-cabin
Year Built: 2006
Hull Num: 2A RAC43046E606
Construction: GRP Vacuum bagged Balsa sandwich
Length Overall: 42ft 6in / 12.95M
LWL: 37ft 9in / 11.50M
Beam: 22ft 9in / 6.93M
Headroom: 6ft 6" / 2.0M
Draft: 4ft 7in / 1.4M
Displacement: 19,030 lbs / 8,630 Kg
Rudder type: Skeg Hung Rudder
Mast height: 63ft / 19.20M
Sail Area: Fully battened Main Sail 755 ft² / 70 m² Winter 2016 Roller furling Genoa 474 ft² / 46 m² Winter 2016
Engines: Yanmar 3-cyl 3JH4 39hp diesel x 2
Engine Hours: Port 7500 / Stbd 7500
Propellers: Kanzaki (Yanmar) KM35A transmission to 30mm Shaft to (2) Three bladed fixed propellers
Water capacity: 211gal / 800L
Fuel Tanks: 95gal / 360L
Cabins 4 spacious double cabins, a convertible double berth in the saloon and a single sleeping berth in the bow of each hull. This berth could also be converted for storage use. Each double cabin has hanging locker and shelving storage as well as an en suite heads.
Heads 2 electric forward and 2 manual aft.
- 4 double cabins with shower/head (2 electric heads)
- 2 single berths – one in each forward hull
- salon table converts to double bunk with lowering table & additional cushions
- removable cockpit front windscreen,
- removable window screens/cabin & head shades
- Cockpit cushions
- Composite teak and holly floors
- Laminated marine plywood bulkheads
- Beige leatherette in salon
- Force 10 2 burner cooker with oven and broiler
- 8 cubic feet Seafrost front loading fridge
- Double basin sink
- Large 3rd sink
- Black Corian tops
- Composite teak cabinets
- Plastimo Compass
- Raymarine RC 435 Chart Plotter
- Auto helm Series Raytheon ST7001 &
- Tridata ST60+
- Raymarine Ray 55 DSC VHF
- AM/FM/CD/USB player with speakers
- 12VDC/120VAC system voltage
- Batteries 3 180aH of Group 4D
- Engine (2) 200 AH of Group 27
- 2 X 80A/12V engine belt driven alternators
- BATTERY CHARGER 115/230V/40A 60HZ
- 30A and 50A shore power
- Forward Air conditioning STOWAWAY V SMXII ROT-COMP 115V 50/60HZ 16,000BTU CRUISAIR
- Aft Air conditioning STOWAWAY V SMXII ROT-COMP 115V 50/60HZ 16,000BTU CRUISAIR
- 120 VAC outlets throughout interior
- 12VDC outlet sockets nav panel and helm
- LED and Fluorescent lighting throughout
- Salon and stairway courtesy lights
- Fans in each cabin and salon
- 40 PSI pressurized fresh water hot and cold...
- cold/transom shower
- 2000 gal/H bilge pumps with float switches (2)
- 500 gal/h bilge pumps
- Helm & nav station bilge alarms
- Max 10 Whale manual diaphram pump (2)
- Shower sump pumps (2)
- 10 ft Avon inflatable
- 8hp New Yamaha OB
Rigging & Winches:
- Sloop rig
- Fully Battened Main Sail with Antal sliders & stackpack with 2 reef points
- Mainsheet (2:1) purchase
- Mainsheet Traveler Line (4:1)
- PurchaseSlab Reefing
- Genoa...Profurl Roller Furling
- Lewmar 44 self tailing Halyard Winch
- Lewmar 50 self tailing Genoa Winch
ENGINE & CONTROLS:
- Double lever throttle / gearshift control
- Sound deadening panels in engine room
- Engine room shelves
- 2 x Engine room ventilation fans & ducting
- 2 x Yanmar 39hp diesel engines
- 2 x Propellers - 3-blade fixed
- 2 x Fuel deck fillers
- 2 x Fuel filter/water separators
- 2 x Fuel tanks Aluminium
- 1 x 95 USgal/360Ltr total fuel capacity
- 2 x Siphon breaks
- 2 x Exhaust skin fittings (stainless steel)
- 2 x Exhaust water locks (stainless steel)
- 2 x Cooling water inlet strainers
Anchoring and docking:
- Lofrans Tigres 1200 W electric Windlass with corded remote new Gypsy 2014
- Boat hook
- 6 X fenders
- 4 X wind scoops
- Delta Anchor 44 lb. on 300 ft 3/8" galv chain
- CQR #55 on 200ft of rode
- Fortress Aluminum Anchor
RUDDER & STEERING SYSTEM:
- Rudders protected by full length skegs
- Chain and wire steering system
- with bulkhead steering unit and brake
- Destroyer-type steering wheel
- Emergency tiller (stainless steel)
- Hot and cold pressurized fresh
- water system consisting of:
- Transom shower (cold)
- Shower drain pumps with filters
- 2 x Hot water tanks 12USgal / 45ltr
- 1 x 3.5 GPM fresh water pressure pump
- 2 x Water tanks, 206USgal/780Ltr
- 2 x Holding tanks.
- Bilge float switch
- Plastimo 12 man offshore life raft (out of date)
- 6 X Chemical fire extinguishers
- 16 Life jackets
- Type 4 Horseshoe Buoy
- Throw rope
- Flare kit
Have questions? Interested in seeing it?
This listing is presented by CatamaranSite.com. Visit their website for more information or to contact the seller.
Mainsail area: 76 m².
Genoa area: 44 m².
Engines: 2 x 29 hp diesels
Most built for the charter trade.
Owners version available (13) with different layout.