Immaculate Owners Version
Brand NEW Lithium and Solar
The Leopard 40 is known to most experienced multihull cruisers as being one of the best and most well rounded 40’ cruising catamarans ever produced. Designed by the legendary Morelli and Melvin this cat is fun to sail, light, comfortable, capable and easy to manage. The 40 was awarded boat of the year in 2005.
This owners version is a complete package and checks almost all of the boxes for most people searching for a cruising multihull.
Hakuna Matata has never been chartered, and has been pampered by her owner of the past 6 years. In 2022 she recieved several high end upgrades including a top of the line lithium battery and solar charging system. She’s just out of the boatyard with new bottom paint and ceramic waxed hulls.
If you are looking for a well equipped and exceptionally maintained owners version cruising cat, Hakuna Matata will absolutely not dissapoint.
- ICW Friendly 63’ Mast Height
- Yanmar 30hp Diesels with 1,800 hours
- Northern Lights 6kw Genset w/ 739 hours
- 600AH Renogy LITHIUM House Bank w/ Bluetooth Charge Controller (NEW 2022)
- 725 Watts of Renogy Solar Panels Mounted on Hardtop (NEW 2022)
- Xantrex XC Pro 3000 Watt Inverter/ Charger w/ Bluetooth Controller (NEW 2022)
- Bow Trampoline (NEW 2020)
- Underwater Lights (NEW 2020)
- Hull Buffed to Mirror Finsh with Ceramic Coating (NEW 2022)
- Bottom Painted (NEW 2022)
- Cruising Spinnaker in Like New Condition
- Rare Light Colored Corian Counters
What makes this such a fantastic catamaran?
The Leopard 40 owners version is one of my personal favorite catamaran designs, and Hakuna Matata is an exceptional example.
Here are a few reasons I am so impressed with Hakuna Matata.
- The generator is tucked away in a forward deck hatch away from your guests. The cockpit can remain a quiet place for conversation and entertaining at all times.
- With the new lithium and solar setup- This boat will be self sufficient for days on the hook! Full usable 600 amp hours, not half like you get with an AGM or Deep cycle battery bank.
- All lines lead to the helm station where an electric winch with foot switches handles everything. This cat can be single handed. There is a cubby for line storage beneath.
- Three staterooms and two heads and showers. Two heads with seperate showers is ideal for any catamaran that will be used for cruising.
- The owners version dedicates the entire starboard hull to a private stateroom with ensuite head and desk area.
- Many experts in the industry know this design well, and in many cases prefer it to the newer Leopard 40 design. They are known to be excellent sailors. and very well rounded cruisers.
- The boat is a managable size, with an ICW friendly (63’) mast that offers spirited performance. Easy to sail shorthanded.
- The salon is accessed by sturdy stainless and glass sliding doors, with a section of the galley counter that folds down into the cockpit.
- The helm position is situated on a raised section of the cockpit with a large portion of the hard top that slides open over the helmsman for excellent visibility. The helm is still part of the party.
- Both engines are accessed via deck hatches near the stern. No pulling apart bedding to check fluid levels or perform maintenance.
- The built in refrigerator and seperate freezer are enormous and run off a single Seafrost compressor.
Interior / Cockpit
Being an owners version, the entire starboard hull is dedicated to the owners suite with private head forward. The port hull has two more private staterooms with a single head separating them.
- Salon windows resealed 2018
- 2 X 16,000 BTU air conditioners
- Wood veneer finishes in beech with solid beech trims
- 3 X Double berths
- Custom snap in Carpets for entire interior of vessel (New 2020)
- 2 X Storage lockers with shelving
- Reading lamps
- Overhead fluorescent lighting
- Overhead roller blinds for privacy in each cabin
- Large open shelves
- Stowage space under bunks
- Large stowage space in forepeak
- Large cockpit table with thick white vinyl cushions
- Helm seat reupolstered 2021
- Phifertex sun shade for aft deck
- Dinghy Davits
Hot/ cold shower for cockpit
- Corian heat-resistant galley worktop surfaces
- Single lever faucet c/w pull out hose (NEW 2020
- Double s/s sink
- Dish and cutlery drying recess with drainage
- Corian cover for drying recess
- 2 - door front-opening fridge / freezer 60USgal
- Seafrost 12v refrigeration
- Force 10 Gas cooker 2-burner c/w oven & broiler
- Gas solenoid shut-off valve with control at switch panel & warning light at cooker
- 2 X 10 lb gas cylinders & regulator in dedicated locker
- Separate garbage bin locker with top access Stowage space in shelf lockers & drawer units
Corian bar counter with hinged flap
- Raymarine E80 Chartplotter
- Raymarine Radar
- Raymarine St6000 Autopilot
- Raymarine Tri Data
- Raymarine ST60 Wind System
- Sony stereo w/ wired remote at helm
Raymarine Ray240 VHF
- 3 x 200AH Renogy LITHIUM House batteries w/ Bluetooth Monitoring (NEW 2022)
- 750W Renogy Solar panels mounted on hard top (NEW 2022)
- Xantrex XC PRO 3000W inverter/ charger w/ Bluetooth Monitoring (NEW 2022)
- 2 X LED Underwater lights mounted on sterns
- 2 X Cruisair 16,000 btu air conditioners (Supplies cold air to entire boat)
- LED lighting in Salon
- Bi-colour & stern navlights
- Plastimo Contest 130 compass at helm position
- 2 x 12v outlet sockets at switch panel and at helmstation
- 2 x Fuel tank gauges at helm position
- 2 x Ammeters at helm position
- 2 x Engine starter batteries
- 1 x House battery isolator switches
- 2 x Engine starter battery isolator switches
2 x Water Heaters
- Northern Lights 6KW genset w/ sound sheild (Mounted in forward deck locker for quiet operation) 739 hours, Serviced 2022
- 2 x Yanmar 3YM30 29hp diesel engines with sail drives (Serviced 2022, Approx 1,800 hours- Hour meters have gradually dimmed)
- Both engines mixing elbows replaced (2020)
- Morse double lever throttle / gearshift control (NEW 2021)
- Sound deadening panels in engine room
- 2 x Engine room ventilation fans and ducting
- 2 x Two blade Folding Propellers
- 2 x Fuel filter / water separators
- 2 x Fuel tanks aluminium 92 gal total capacity
- 2 x Siphon breaks
- 2 x Exhaust skin fittings (s/s)
- 2 x Exhaust water locks
2 x Cooling water inlet strainers
Mast, Rigging and Sails
- Harken 46 Two Speed Electric Winch (foot switches replaced 2021)
- Harken 46 Manual Winch
- Assymetrical Spinnaker w/ Sock (Like New Condition)
- Sparcraft natural anodized mast c/w Antal mast slider system
- Sparcraft natural anodized crossbeam
- Windex wind indicator
- Profurl genoa furler
- Mainsail full battened c/w 2 rows reefs. (Serviced by Shurr Sails 2022)
- 120% Furling genoa (Serviced by Shurr Sails 2022)
- Stackpack with Lazy Jacks (Restitched and new zipper 2022)
- 2 x Additional spare 12v wires in mast
- Additional spare conduit with messenger in mast
Winch handle pocket
Hull and Anchoring Gear
- Bottom painted 2022
- Hull buffed and waxed with Ceramic Coating 2022
- Forward trampoline Replaced 2020
- 45 lb Delta plow anchor w/ 200’ of marked chain
- 12V Quick windlass with new wired remote
Additional items included
- 10’ 2014 Achilles hypalon dinghy w/ Lehr 2.5 Propane Outboard
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Leopard 40’s speed on the water and easy handling are its top features, earning it ‘Boat of the Year 2005’ from Cruising World magazine. Guests will enjoy the large cockpit with outside dining area, protected by a functional hard-top bimini, fitted as standard. The galley-up design incorporates a spacious saloon and aft facing galley with a cocktail bar and serving window overlooking the cockpit. Accommodations include 3 or 4 double cabins, an optional berth in the forepeak, and two large heads with separate shower stalls. The 3-cabin layout features an owner-dedicated starboard hull with master stateroom, office area and large head with separate shower forward.