A 2008 Lagoon 420 catamaran fully equipped for safe long distance bluewater passages in 4 cabin layout is now available for sale exclusively with DBY Boat Sales.
The History/Features of “Moorea” as written by her current liveaboard owners, lying Fiji September and October 2022.
We are a family of 4 from Hilton Head Island/South Carolina and “Moorea” has been our home for 4 years, she brought us to the most amazing places in the Caribbean and the Pacific. “Moorea” has never been chartered and we are the third owner of this catamaran.
In search of a vessel that would give us safety, reliability, and comfort, we purchased “Moorea” in 2019 in Charleston/USA based on multiple reviews and recommendations of fulltime cruisers sailing this sought-after 2008 Lagoon 420 4 cabin cruising catamaran. After sailing for several years onboard our Shannon Blue Water monohull, we knew exactly what we wanted in our fulltime cruising catamaran. “Moorea” exceeded our expectations after our survey and sea trial, and she has done the same for the last 3&1/2 years.
We refitted her to the highest standards for an extensive circumnavigation. We did a major upgrade on the power system by adding a solar system, Lithium batteries and changing to high output alternators. This allows for off-the-grid cruising without having to rely on running the generator. It has been the best upgrade we did and have been extremely happy with it. We upgraded the Davits to stronger, higher Davits to keep the dinghy safe during higher following seas.
We replaced all ground rigging to the best oversize rigging and over the last 3 years has proven itself over and over again.
There is no lack on comfort features, Moorea is fully loaded with AC, watermaker, navigation, Radar, AIS, Sat phone and WiFi booster/Cellular extender dome, 4 fold up bikes, kayaks, multiple spares just to name a few. Lagoon 420’s are well known for the huge amount of storage space, under the aft beds, 3 deep lockers and 2 big sailbag lockers on the bow, closets and drawers in all cabins and companionways, under the salon and cockpit seats as well as floorboards.
The raised bimini allows for extra airflow to keep the cockpit cool and shady and makes the boat more spacious. The solar array that is located aft also helps to keep the cockpit dry and provides additional shade.
The raised helm station is adjacent to the cockpit and well protected for less favourable conditions. All the lines lead back to the helm station and makes single handed operation easy. From the helm station, you have a 360-degree view around the vessel and also a view of the mainsail.
The Bridge-deck is a gull-wing design and provides for quiet and comfortable sailing.
“Moorea” has been well maintained and upgraded by the two previous owners and us.
Onboard Moorea we sailed from South Carolina to St. John/US Virgin Islands, Grenada, ABC islands, Colombia, San Blas islands and through the Panama Canal to the Pacific. With Covid changing our plans we sailed from Galapagos to Hawaii, spending one year sailing the beautiful Hawaiian Islands before heading to higher latitudes of Alaska in 2020 (Kodiak, Prince William Sound, Inner Passage, Vancouver Island), Canada, the US Westcoast south to Banderas Bay in Mexico. Finally, in 2021 we crossed the Pacific via French Polynesia, American Samoa to Fiji.
With our planned 4-year adventure of exploring, sailing, surfing, fishing, snorkelling some of the most remote and beautiful places in the world, our trip is coming to an end. We hope to find new owners who will enjoy “Moorea” just as much as we have on our epic adventure.
Sail away in Fiji or arrange an inspection by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9999 3311
Working Sail Area : 1054.00 sq ftManufacturer Provided Description
Innovative, modern, easy to maneuver, cleverly designed, safe, fast, spacious, a boat for all the family to cruise in! The Lagoon 420 is offered with 2 propulsion systems: - standard 40 hp diesel engines with sail drive - hybrid: two electric motors, a generator, a bank of batteries. Under sail, the propellers are driven by the speed of the boat and recharge the batteries: this is called regeneration. An innovative system, ecological and quiet - a world exclusive on the Lagoon 420.Additional Description
- Cockpit useable as outdoor salon, accessible via a stern walkway connecting both transoms
- Hard top bimini with integral lighting
- Self bailing cockpit with teak grate
- Helm station on starboard roof bulkhead including: motor throttle controls, motor control panels, steering compass, room for electronic instrument installation, leather covered steering wheel, double helm seat with cushions, access steps from cockpit with s/s handrail, 3 line storage compartments
- Steering system: cable steering, composite shaft rudders, emergency tiller
- U-shape seating area with generator & technical compartment
- Varnished wooden cockpit table interchangeable with salon coffee table
- 1 Aft cockpit seat locker
- 1 Port cockpit propane locker
- 1 Large storage area under steering station.
2 Cockpit storage shelves
Priority has been accorded to comfort when designing the interior of the Lagoon 420. The light oak Alpi woodwork and the laminated wenge floor give a modern and relaxing feel. Access into the saloon from the cockpit through a sliding glass door on the same level. The longitudinal galley opens directly on the cockpit, it is the most convivial and practical area, fully equipped with numerous lockers. The port hull of the 3 cabin owners? version is in fact a suite: large bed, sofa, numerous lockers and hanging lockers, washroom with separate shower. The layouts of the two hulls in the 4 cabin version are symmetrical: there is a central double bed in each cabin, a washroom with separate shower, large hull windows, lockers?Additional Description
- Backlit 12 V Electrical panel
- LCD display with: voltmeter, amp-meter, water level gauge, diesel level gauge, low level alarm for diesel and water tanks.
- 1 Generator start battery: 12V - 70 Amp
- 2 House batteries: 12V - 140 Amp
- 1 Battery charger 72V/12V 40A for the house batteries
- 220V/110V AC circuit including: shore power inlet and cord, AC electrical panel with voltmeter, 1 AC outlet per cabin, 1 AC outlet in galley, 1 AC outlet in salon
Electric motor system including: 2 sets of 6 lead acid batteries 205A - Charger/Inverter 220/72V or 110/72V - 2 controllers
- Galley in salon communicating directly with cockpit via a sliding glass bay window
- Standing headroom: 2 m / 6? 7?
- 12V halogen overhead lights
- White laminate countertop with wooden fiddles
- 3 burner stove
- Separate oven with grill
- 2 drawers
- Cupboard under sink with trash can behind door
- Storage under central seating area
- Overhead cupboards
- Additional storage areas designed for (optional) additional fridge or freezer, a dishwasher and microwave oven
1x12V fridge 135 L / 30 gal
- Engine access under aft cabin beds
- 2 x 72V, 10 KW electric drive motors, straight shaft.
- Motor shut off at helm station
- Double motor throttle control at helm station
- Motor compartment sound insulation
- Motor compartment air intake on aft crossbeam
- 12V Air exhaust fans
Access to shaft seal
A new look, a longitudinal beam that can include a small bowsprit and the mooring gear, a rigid bimini, a tall rig, a gullwing shaped bridgedeck and an overlapping genoa. The deck is uncluttered so moving around is easy: wide sidedecks, flush deck hatches, plenty of lockers. The aft passerelle allows passage from one transom to the other without going back up in the cockpit. There are many ways to enjoy life on board the Lagoon 420: the cockpit with its large benchseats and a table is protected from the sun and the bad weather by a rigid bimini top with optional sides and back panels, the twin seats helm station was designed for sailing with a reduced crew. all the control lines can be handled by one person from the helm station, freeing the other living spaces for the guests. The foredeck is exclusively dedicated to relaxation.Construction
- Polyester and vinylester FRP construction
- Foam core composite hulls - white gel coat
- Solid glass FRP under waterline
- Balsa core composite deck and bridge deck
- Solid or felt core composite interior FRP hull & roof liners
FRP reinforced marine ply bulkheads; tabbed or glued to hull
Standing and Running Rigging
- 16,93 m / 55? 7? ft anodized aluminum deck-stepped mast with mainsail luff cars
- Single spreaders
- 1 Anodized aluminum boom
- 2 Shroud deck chainplates
1 Forestay chainplate on composite central rostrum
- 1 Double purchase main halyard
- 1 Genoa halyard
- 1 Double purchase mainsheet led back to helm station, mainsheet traveler and car on hard top bimini.
- 2 Genoa sheets
- 2 Genoa sheet tracks
- 3 Winches at helm station:
- 1 Winch 46.2ST for: - Port mainsheet traveler line - Starboard mainsheet traveler line - Port genoa sheet
- 1 Electric Winch 44.2STE for: - Main halyard - Genoa halyard - Optional spinnaker halyard - Boom topping lift
- 1 Winch 46.2ST for - Main sheet - Reef 1 (automatic) - Reef 2 (automatic) - Reef 3 (conventional) - Starboard genoa sheet - Genoa furling line
- 3 reefing lines (2 automatic and 1 conventional)
- Line jammers
- 1 Fixed mainsail clew padeye
- 1 Genoa furler line
- 2 Adjustable lazy jacks
2 Winch handles with holder
- 1 Full batten large roach mainsail, 62 m2 / 667 sq ft.
- 1 Furling genoa with UV protective band, 35 m2 / 377 sq ft